Teacher and Support Staff
A Menu of Behavioral Strategies"
Anissa Moore, M.Ed, BCBA
Anissa Moore has been an educator for over 22 years. She is a Texas certified teacher, principal, and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). She is highly-trained in the area of IEP/ARD facilitation and conflict resolution.
Anissa has held such positions as autism specialist, district special ed. coordinator, adjunct professor, and special education supervisor of programs. She has consulted for various school districts, ESCs, and law firms for over 10 years, bringing expertise in the areas of accommodations and modifications, positive behavior supports and applied behavior analysis (ABA) techniques for public educators, IEEs for FBAs and BIPs, and unique and humorous staff development opportunities for both public and private educational institutions.
Anissa has been an active member of TCASE and is a frequent speaker for TCASE, TSHA, and the TX State Autism Conference. Anissa lives in the San Antonio area with her husband and their 8 year-old daughter.
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE) for FBAs/BIPs
- Special Education classroom and program consultation
- Behavior Intervention Plan creation, training, and support
- Staff development in the areas of 504 and special ed. accommodations/modifications, ABA and behavior supports, working with paraprofessionals, autism best practices, and conflict resolution
- Facilitated IEP/ARD meetings
- Expert witness service
- Parent training sessions
- Data Collection training and methods review
Some Examples Of Staff Development Topics:
(Topics not limited to examples below; training can be modified to meet the needs of your audience)
- Incorporating Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Principles into the Public School Classroom
- There’s More to Life Than Cheese Puffs! Effective Reinforcement for Positive Behaviors
- Working Effectively with Paraprofessionals in the Classroom
- Just a Flush Away: Toilet Training Tips and Tricks for Students with Special Needs
- When the Kids Aren’t the Problem: Working Through Co-Worker Conflicts
- Data-Driven Decisions for the Individualized Education Program (IEP): Before, During and After the Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD)
- Perfecting the Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP): Laying the Foundation for a Strong Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Understanding the Behavior of Young Children (Or trying to!)
- Working Through the Grieving Process: A Training for Special Parents of Special Kids